Looking for Journeyman Automotive Technician
What We Offer
- Competitive wages and profit sharing
- Flexible schedule
- Training and development opportunities
- An opportunity to be part of an exciting, growing business!
We are always looking for experienced Automotive Technician to join our growing team! You will play a crucial role in terms of the customer experience in conducting diagnostic procedures to determine vehicle maintenance requirements and providing accurate repair recommendations to our customers.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Perform diagnostics, repairs and maintenance on vehicles.
- Test all systems or components ensuring they are secure and working properly.
- Isolate the systems or components that might have caused the maintenance issue.
- Maintain efficiency and accuracy in diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
- Preventative maintenance as it relates to repairing or replacing worn parts.
- Follow a process to ensure that each critical part of the vehicle is examined.
- Watch or inspect parts such as: like hoses, belts, plugs, fuel systems, brakes, and other possible troublesome items.
- Use power tools, equipment, machine tools and common hand tools.
- Review work orders and discuss with supervisor.
- Prepare estimates requirements.
- Inspect motor in operation, road test vehicles, and test systems and components using computerized diagnostics and other testing devices to diagnose and isolate faults.
- Adjust, repair or replace parts and components including fuel system, brakes, steering and suspension, engine and drive train, emission control and exhaust, cooling and climate control, and electrical and electronic systems.
- Demonstrate and champion a healthy and safe work environment.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Must possess a provincially recognized Journeyman Automotive Mechanic Certificate.
- Red Seal Certification is considered an asset.
- Completion of a related post-secondary program and or training courses is considered an asset.
- Professional demeanor and strong work ethic.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Efficient problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to operate electronic diagnostic equipment.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
- Ability to use computers and related technology efficiently.
- Ability to meet physical demands such as heavy lifting, standing for long periods of time and using to use power and hand-held equipment.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a safe driving history.